NewsSee all news
Which patients are still routinely tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus?
In the epidemic phase, according to the instructions of the French Health Authorities, patients showing signs of Covid-19 are no longer systematically classified and confirmed by biological tests (RT-PCR SARS-CoV-2).
=> Only patients are still systematically tested for the SARS-CoV-2 virus:
- Patients hospitalized for a clinical picture suggestive of Covid-19 in order to validate the diagnosis and avoid transmission by appropriate isolation and hygiene measures;
- The first three patients residing in EHPAD and in collective structures housing vulnerable persons presenting a clinical picture suggestive of Covid-19 in order to confirm a Covid-19 in a context of acute low respiratory infection of viral or bacterial appearance;
- All health professionals as soon as symptoms suggestive of Covid-19 appear;
- Persons at risk of severe forms and with symptoms suggestive of Covid-19;
- Pregnant women with symptoms regardless of the term of the pregnancy;
- Donors of hematopoietic organs, tissues or stem cells.
=> For other symptomatic patients, clinical examination becomes major in the identification and proper referral of Covid-19 patients.