Enormous progress has been made in our understanding of haemorrhagic diseases, which often leads to an earlier and more precise diagnosis, and to an improvement in therapeutic management.
The high incidence of deep vein thrombosis, which can be life-threatening, underlines the importance of investigating the risk factors of thrombosis and the underlying clinical and biological aetiology.
Eurofins Biomnis has acquired considerable expertise in the field of haemostasis, and offers a complete selection of laboratory tests specialized in this area:
- for the diagnosis of haemorrhagic diseases (assays on coagulation factors…), to support studies on fibrinolysis, and for the detection of anti-factor VIII;
- for the diagnosis of acquired or constitutional thrombophilias (assays on the physiological coagulation inhibitors antithrombin, proteins C and S, resistance to activated protein C, the Lupus anticoagulant, anticardiolipin antibodies, anti-beta 2 glycoprotein 1, homocysteine…), of mutations in factor V Leiden and the prothrombin G>A20210 mutation;
- to monitor treatments with heparins, fondaparinux (Arixtra®), danaparoid (Orgaran®), and the direct oral anticoagulants (DOACs) dabigatran (Pradaxa®), rivaroxaban (Xarelto®) and apixaban (Eliquis®);
- to assist with the diagnosis of type 2 heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT);
- to exclude venous thromboembolic diseases and other related diagnoses (D-dimer assays).
These tests are performed using chronometric, chromogenic, immunological, and molecular biology protocols.